Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Reasons For Aqua

If you have been to my Etsy shop and had a look around you've probably noticed something. Well, hopefully you've noticed two somethings. One being the main colors in all my jewelry pieces. That's a lot of aqua isn't it? To be honest, I love that color. It is my absolute favorite. So it's no shocker that I would naturally be drawn to it. The second being that all my photography for my pieces is done out of doors. That's because the lighting is always better outside and I am truly inspired by nature. I take pictures out of doors because of nature, and I use the color aqua because of nature. There are many lakes in Michigan. And whenever I see a lake I see many hues and shades of blue-greens and aquas. I remember one vacation to Mackinaw City, MI. The Mackinac Bridge travels split down the middle between Lake Michigan and Lake Huron. I remember being completely enthralled as I noticed that the Lake Michigan side was a deep, rich indigo. And the Lake Huron side was the loveliest shade of blue-green.
When I go to a bead store and see rows upon rows of rich, aqua and blue-green beads, I see ripples in Lake Michigan or the summer sky just before dusk. My hope for the jewelry that I make is that it will bring customers and fellow artisans a little bit closer to nature.

~~Looking Ahead~~
Expect to see more jewelry, that's for sure! On my next trip to a bead store or antique mall I hope to snag jewelry elements in shades of oranges and raspberries. Not only because the fruit of the same name is delicious but because of what it reminds of: summer sunsets and snap dragons, and autumn mums and pumpkins. Look for it in my shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment